Uploading to MySQL using FileZilla FTP

Have the feeling that everybody is staring at you in the other forums? Then look here, in this forum nobody does care what you say ;-)

Moderator: Project members

Chuck1971
500 Command not understood
First name: Charles
Last name: Carter

Uploading to MySQL using FileZilla FTP

#1 Post by Chuck1971 » 2008-11-03 18:39

I have uploaded xampp to my pc. I am using Windows XP Professional, and have downloaded the entire xampp package which includes Apache server, MySQL, php5, Mercury mail program, and FileZilla FTP. Once I started FileZilla, I assumed I would be able to use the forms I use with all websites on my paid server and upload information to the database. Now I can update information already in the database if there is already an entry, however uploading/inserting a new entry is not working, which is telling me that it is the FileZilla setting or program. The code I am using is simple and will NOT seem to work with FileZilla:

<? if ($action == "") { ?>

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, FORM, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

<? } else {
$question = $_POST['question'];
$answer = $_POST['answer'];
mysql_query("INSERT INTO faq SET question = '$question', answer = '$answer'");
?>

<tr align="center">
<td>FAQ Item has been successfully added.</td>
</tr>
<? } ?>

What am I doing wrong with the settings? How can I configure it to work as I need it to? Please advise!
Thanks so much for the help!
Sincerely,
Charles

boco
Contributor

Re: Uploading to MySQL using FileZilla FTP

#2 Post by boco » 2008-11-05 01:17

AFAIK XAMPP includes Filezilla Server. Filezilla Server can only host files. You cannot use it to insert information into a MySQL database. You could use PHP code running on the included Apache HTTP Server, Filezilla Server does only support FTP protocol.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org