FileZilla Server 1.4.0 Administration Interface visual bug - macOS

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Post Reply
Message
Author
xSyKoTiKx
503 Bad sequence of commands
Posts: 19
Joined: 2022-04-15 01:48
First name: Jesse
Last name: Peden

FileZilla Server 1.4.0 Administration Interface visual bug - macOS

#1 Post by xSyKoTiKx » 2022-05-02 14:51

FileZilla Server 1.4.0 for macOS introduced a visual bug for the Administration Interface. The message/log pane is mostly unusable until you drag the divider between the top and bottom pane to resize it, forcing the window to be redrawn. See the included screenshots.

When you first open the Administration Interface:
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.48.21.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.48.21.png (451.89 KiB) Viewed 5257 times
After clicking the divider and dragging it even 1 pixel:
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.48.31.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.48.31.png (583.96 KiB) Viewed 5257 times
Reinstalling 1.4.0 changes nothing. Reinstalling 1.3.0 fixes the Administration Interface.

xSyKoTiKx
503 Bad sequence of commands
Posts: 19
Joined: 2022-04-15 01:48
First name: Jesse
Last name: Peden

Re: FileZilla Server 1.4.0 Administration Interface visual bug - macOS

#2 Post by xSyKoTiKx » 2022-05-20 14:17

This visual bug still exists in 1.4.1, for the record.

oibaf
Contributor
Posts: 232
Joined: 2021-07-16 21:02
First name: Fabio
Last name: Alemagna
Contact:

Re: FileZilla Server 1.4.0 Administration Interface visual bug - macOS

#3 Post by oibaf » 2022-05-20 17:42

Thanks for reporting, we've scheduled a tentative fix for one of the next releases. The graphical library we use, wxWidgets, has some quirks that need to be worked around.

xSyKoTiKx
503 Bad sequence of commands
Posts: 19
Joined: 2022-04-15 01:48
First name: Jesse
Last name: Peden

Re: FileZilla Server 1.4.0 Administration Interface visual bug - macOS

#4 Post by xSyKoTiKx » 2022-05-20 17:43

oibaf wrote:
2022-05-20 17:42
Thanks for reporting, we've scheduled a tentative fix for one of the next releases. The graphical library we use, wxWidgets, has some quirks that need to be worked around.
Sounds good. Thank you for the info.

xSyKoTiKx
503 Bad sequence of commands
Posts: 19
Joined: 2022-04-15 01:48
First name: Jesse
Last name: Peden

Re: FileZilla Server 1.4.0 Administration Interface visual bug - macOS

#5 Post by xSyKoTiKx » 2022-08-20 21:04

xSyKoTiKx wrote:
2022-05-20 17:43
oibaf wrote:
2022-05-20 17:42
Thanks for reporting, we've scheduled a tentative fix for one of the next releases. The graphical library we use, wxWidgets, has some quirks that need to be worked around.
Sounds good. Thank you for the info.
Just wanted to see if this was still on the list to be addressed, since I just installed 1.5.1 and see that the bug is still there.

xSyKoTiKx
503 Bad sequence of commands
Posts: 19
Joined: 2022-04-15 01:48
First name: Jesse
Last name: Peden

Re: FileZilla Server 1.4.0 Administration Interface visual bug - macOS

#6 Post by xSyKoTiKx » 2022-11-23 14:56

xSyKoTiKx wrote:
2022-08-20 21:04
xSyKoTiKx wrote:
2022-05-20 17:43
oibaf wrote:
2022-05-20 17:42
Thanks for reporting, we've scheduled a tentative fix for one of the next releases. The graphical library we use, wxWidgets, has some quirks that need to be worked around.
Sounds good. Thank you for the info.
Just wanted to see if this was still on the list to be addressed, since I just installed 1.5.1 and see that the bug is still there.
I see that v1.5.1 is still the most current release, which does not have a fix for this bug. Is there any sort of ETA for v1.5.2 or whichever version will have a fix?

oibaf
Contributor
Posts: 232
Joined: 2021-07-16 21:02
First name: Fabio
Last name: Alemagna
Contact:

Re: FileZilla Server 1.4.0 Administration Interface visual bug - macOS

#7 Post by oibaf » 2022-11-23 15:01

The thing is, there were other glitches like this in the UI that have been fixed, but this specific one none of the devs has been able to reproduce yet.

A new release is going to be made in the following days, but this issue hasn't been further addressed. We'll see if there's a slot for that.

xSyKoTiKx
503 Bad sequence of commands
Posts: 19
Joined: 2022-04-15 01:48
First name: Jesse
Last name: Peden

Re: FileZilla Server 1.4.0 Administration Interface visual bug - macOS

#8 Post by xSyKoTiKx » 2022-11-23 15:05

oibaf wrote:
2022-11-23 15:01
The thing is, there were other glitches like this in the UI that have been fixed, but this specific one none of the devs has been able to reproduce yet.

A new release is going to be made in the following days, but this issue hasn't been further addressed. We'll see if there's a slot for that.
They can’t reproduce it? Odd. I haven’t been able to NOT reproduce it since the bug was introduced in 1.4.0. It happens 100% of the time for me.

Post Reply