Error, could not connect to server

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

choke1781
500 Command not understood
First name: Justin
Last name: Chokreff

#1 Post by choke1781 » 2009-04-05 21:34

I am running FZ and have been sucessfully been using the server for the past year or so. I recently ran into problems with it not working. This is the error I get when I try to connect to the server via the server interface.

FileZilla Server version 0.9.31 beta
Copyright 2001-2009 by Tim Kosse (tim.kosse@filezilla-project.org)
Connecting to server...
Trying to reconnect in 5 seconds

I was recieving this error before I upgraded to the newer 0.9.31 beta (hoping the upgrade would fix the problem). I am running windows vista ultimate x64. I started by checking the port forwarding on my router and it seems to be working fine. Then checked the firewall in Vista and it also seems to be ok. I deleted and remade the exceptions in the firewall just incase and still no luck. I have also tried stoping and restarting the service as well and that does not solve the problem either. I am at a loss and have no idea why it would just quit working. Any help would be apriciated.

boco
Contributor

Re: Error, could not connect to server

#2 Post by boco » 2009-04-05 22:27

Connecting the admin interface to the service is a local connection, forget the router in this case.

I could imagine only two possible problems:

1) UAC blocks the admin interface.

2) The admin port has been changed and does not match anymore. Default is 14147. Also try 1077.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org