FTP Server suddenly not working...

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

therecluse
500 Command not understood
First name: Jeremy
Last name: Carlson

FTP Server suddenly not working...

#1 Post by therecluse » 2009-07-24 17:03

I have been using the filezilla ftp server for 1 year without problems. I have a dynamic dns set up and have had many client connections without problems. 3 months ago we switched internet service and I updated the IP address in all the right places and it still worked fine. I got on it today to add a new user for a client that was going to have many people downloading over the next 5 days. Because this is vital for our client I called an employee at home to test out the connection. No dice. I have them try using the IP instead of the dns. No dice. I called a couple other people to test the connection and still nothing.
I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps I could find.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jdratlif
226 Transfer OK
First name: John
Last name: Ratliff

Re: FTP Server suddenly not working...

#2 Post by jdratlif » 2009-07-24 19:26

What does ftptest.net say about it? You sure you're all properly configured router/firewall-wise?
http://jdrrant.blogspot.com/ - CODEpendent Blog

therecluse
500 Command not understood
First name: Jeremy
Last name: Carlson

#3 Post by therecluse » 2009-07-24 19:34

Thanks for the URL!

ftptest.net= Error: Timeout. Failed to connect to server

I didn't change anything on my netgear firewall router and I went back through to check settings.
I will try a few things and try ftptest.net again.

Thank you.

Cypress
226 Transfer OK
First name: J

#4 Post by Cypress » 2009-07-24 20:44

therecluse wrote:3 months ago we switched internet service and I updated the IP address in all the right places and it still worked fine.
Check your ip address to see it still is what you think it is? http://www.whatismyip.com/ Prior to the switch.. If you had dyndns setup you shouldn't have needed to update anything, unless you changed something LAN side.

Remember to check windows firewall as well.