FileZilla Serve On Ubuntu

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

pehden
500 Command not understood
First name: david
Last name: haygood

FileZilla Serve On Ubuntu

#1 Post by pehden » 2009-08-01 00:51

Any help would be greatly thanked, I have tried every gui style ftp server ubuntu has to offer, and I have used filezilla server on windows, I have to admit out of every thing i have used filezilla server was the best, in my oppinion. Here is the issue, I have tried to extract the tar file and every thing i can think of and have found to install the server on ubuntu 8.04 and ubuntu 9.04 and cant seem to get it right, any step by step instructions would be great.

-----------------------------
Ubuntu 8.04 1ghz 512mb ram

Thanks

boco
Contributor

Re: FileZilla Serve On Ubuntu

#2 Post by boco » 2009-08-01 07:44

You cannot use Filezilla Server directly on Linux, it is Windows-only. Try with WinE.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

pehden
500 Command not understood
First name: david
Last name: haygood

#3 Post by pehden » 2009-11-29 08:45

boco wrote:You cannot use Filezilla Server directly on Linux, it is Windows-only. Try with WinE.

I did try with wine, but it could never hold down the ports. Kept having to sudo wine then run filezilla server.But it would be nice to have the server version on debian/ubuntu or at least a beta.

Stunner
226 Transfer OK
First name: A
Last name: Dog

#4 Post by Stunner » 2009-11-30 21:22

pehden wrote:But it would be nice to have the server version on debian/ubuntu or at least a beta.
I second this. FileZilla Server is fantastic and I would love to see it come to Linux.