Can't handle Windows network shortcuts

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

R34LiSM
500 Command not understood

Can't handle Windows network shortcuts

#1 Post by R34LiSM » 2004-04-07 12:46

I'm having trouble using FileZilla with local MS network file shares. I'm trying to download remote files into a local MS network share, which has the local MS network identity \\myfilehost. The problem is FileZilla seems to mis-translate this into \myfilehost, and then creates C:\myfileshost before downloading the requested files.

Am I being stupid, or is something amiss?

patrickc
504 Command not implemented

Re: Can't handle Windows network shortcuts

#2 Post by patrickc » 2004-04-13 17:54

Hello,
R34LiSM wrote:I'm having trouble using FileZilla with local MS network file shares. I'm trying to download remote files into a local MS network share, which has the local MS network identity \\myfilehost. The problem is FileZilla seems to mis-translate this into \myfilehost, and then creates C:\myfileshost before downloading the requested files.
FileZilla isn't able to handle network shares. And support won't be implemented, because botg doesn't like them.
But there is a small workaround: If you assign a network share with a drive letter, it will work.

Regards
Patrick Canterino

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#3 Post by botg » 2004-04-13 18:55

It's not because I don't like them. It is because Windows itself don't support network dirs completely, it's very buggy. Also I won't be able to test such a feature.