How to add users to filezilla server automatically

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

santhoshsd
500 Command not understood
First name: santhosh
Last name: sd

How to add users to filezilla server automatically

#1 Post by santhoshsd » 2009-10-24 09:06

Can windows system users be allowed to ftp using their username and password. vsftpd allows this configuration to be done.

Can users be added to and removed from a filezilla group from command line. I want to add users to a ftp group allowing them to ftp
when they are part of the group and remove them from the ftp group when their FTP permissions are revoked.

regards
Santhosh

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: How to add users to filezilla server automatically

#2 Post by botg » 2009-10-24 09:07

No, not possible. FileZilla Server has been specifically designed to be independent of the account system of windows.

You can however directly edit FileZilla Server.xml and afterwards call "FileZilla Server.exe" /reload-config

santhoshsd
500 Command not understood
First name: santhosh
Last name: sd

#3 Post by santhoshsd » 2009-10-26 10:35

so if I have to add users to Filezilla server through a .NET program, I have to edit FileZilla Server.xml ... add the user lines and run the command "FileZilla Server.exe /reload-config".

But if I add the user directly by editing FileZilla Server.xml ... how do I encrypt the user password ?

regards
Santhosh

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2009-10-26 13:27

The password isn't encrypted. Instead a hash of the password is stored. In this case MD5.