e-mail notification

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

SirLouen
500 Command not understood
First name: Manuel
Last name: Camargo

e-mail notification

#1 Post by SirLouen » 2010-08-19 12:01

I would like to know if is there any possibility to script a system for filezilla server to know by an email notification when a file transfers has been accomplished.

regards

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: e-mail notification

#2 Post by botg » 2010-08-19 20:24

Not directly. You could however write yourself some script that evaluates the log files.

SirLouen

#3 Post by SirLouen » 2010-08-19 20:39

i'm a pioneer on this ? any jobs already done?

Stunner
226 Transfer OK
First name: A
Last name: Dog

#4 Post by Stunner » 2010-09-05 23:58

You can check out FileZilla Log Analyzer(see stickies) and enhance it(its open source) to do what you want it to do as it parses the log files generated by the server and knows when transfers are completed. You may want to use it for the parsing portion of your program as there is a lot to parse through, however it does not have an active notification system nor does it analyze log files automatically, so you would need to either create a script that does it or add functionality to it. Let me know if you have questions about it/need help as I am interested in eventually adding similar functionality but there are more pressing enhancements to be made before venturing into that domain.

EDIT: There is another script I have recently released, AutoMigrator: http://sourceforge.net/projects/automigrator/ which was created to do live automatic log rotations of FileZilla Server logs(or any file for that matter), so you can use that to copy a log into another directory before having FLA analyze it which could avoid a bunch of errors as FZS continues writing to its original log file.

SirLouen

#5 Post by SirLouen » 2010-09-06 00:12

Great! I must have to give this a go.

I've seen multiple solutions for other FTP servers like
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41161

But looks pretty complex to implement for random machines in production.

I would like to find a mechanism that is nearly instantaneous.

Is interesting to see that this functionality is only implemented on Proprietary FTP Server solutions

Stunner
226 Transfer OK

#6 Post by Stunner » 2010-09-06 07:14

SirLouen wrote:I would like to find a mechanism that is nearly instantaneous.
This method could be instantaneous(an email sent within a couple of seconds) depending on how often you set the analyzer to analyze the log file. But how quick do you need the email sent? Is it that time critical?

SirLouen

#7 Post by SirLouen » 2010-09-06 07:16

Intantaneous in terms on installation after "changes" on the system have been made. I refer, easy to deploy over the time in multiple machines.

Stunner
226 Transfer OK

#8 Post by Stunner » 2010-09-06 07:30

SirLouen wrote:Intantaneous in terms on installation after "changes" on the system have been made. I refer, easy to deploy over the time in multiple machines.
Oh I see. Well if you plan on using FLA at all, keep me in the loop as I may be able to help you with what you are attempting to do. I am working on possibly making another release of FLA before school starts(later this month) and so if you need some functionality that won't require much time to implement, I may be able to make that a priority.

SirLouen

#9 Post by SirLouen » 2010-09-06 08:11

Ok, I've been taking a shot to this, and after I saw It was firstly py scripting... just to accomplish an automatic mechanism + parsing just file uploads + auto sending email is like double of the job, since this analyzer doesnt have this really made by default

Is just about the link I put before, with difference, that is windows based, poorer shell scripting, worser auto-programming tools, that are for me always the bad news of windows: you have to make everything inside the software cannot count on 3rd parties.

matrix
First name: tim
Last name: lykkegaard

#10 Post by matrix » 2013-11-23 14:42

Hi all

I've had problems with these here

Filezilla Server email notification Event ID 5156
http://dto-clan.dk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=271

Filezilla Server email notification Event ID 5154
http://dto-clan.dk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=270