FZ Server on W2K3 with NT4 client - cannot upload files

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Suilven
500 Command not understood

FZ Server on W2K3 with NT4 client - cannot upload files

#1 Post by Suilven » 2004-05-18 13:20

FZ Server on W2K3 works wonderfully except for one client who uses NT4 (unknown service pack - at least he can't find any mention of it!!!).

If he tries to connect with his IE5 he does not get prompted for user and password. If he connects via an API call, which includes user and password, he connects ok but cannot create or write files.

Apart from slinging his machine out of the window, has anyone got any ideas?

Dave

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2004-05-18 13:26

Does it work if your client uses a real ftp client? About IE, if anonymous ftp is allowed, it does not promt for password. It is possible to use the ftp://user:pass@host syntax in this case.

Assuming your client uses the WinInet API, I've no idea, I've never uses that api and I will never use it. For my taste it's too limited.

guru_glenn
500 Command not understood

NT _needs_ service packs

#3 Post by guru_glenn » 2004-05-18 15:20

Back when I was using NT4, and still in many software package requirements, the service packs were essential.

Many software package _require_ at least service pack 3 or 4 before they will support NT. I think there were 6 service packs that I applied before switching over to Win2K.

You should definitely figure out what service pack, if any, this person has, and upgrade to at least SP3, but preferably to the latest SP. Only after he is up to at least SP3, can he expect _anything_ networking to function properly, if I recall correctly.