Failed to create listen socket for admin interface...

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

empty
500 Command not understood

Failed to create listen socket for admin interface...

#1 Post by empty » 2006-06-01 07:14

After upgrading Filezilla Server it comes up with always the same error:
"Failed to create listen socket for admin interface on port 14147, the admin interface has been disabled." I've tried some older versions but the same error occurs now. I guess there is something misconfigured. I looked in the registry and found some keys from Filezilla Server even after uninstall. As I run Filezilla Client on the same computer I'm not sure to delete the entries.
Any ideas what I can try still?

bb empty

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2006-06-01 10:33

Please make sure port 14147 isn't already in use before starting FileZilla Server.
If you're using a firewall, it might recognize that the service executable has been modified (since you upgraded) and thus has blocked network access as security measuer. You might want to reallow FZS to access the net.

empty
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by empty » 2006-06-01 15:38

The error window shows only up once during installation. But of course after that you have no access to the server. I've tried different ports it doesn't matter. With or without firewall makes no difference too. The firewall works portbased and doesn't care about changed executables anyway. I've looked with tcpview for unexpected open ports but the ports I used were free. So I'm a little bit at a loss with it... :?

bb empty