web front end for account creation

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

namgorf
500 Command not understood

web front end for account creation

#1 Post by namgorf » 2006-06-02 16:58

Alright, my boss has asked to me find some FTP server software that will do some very specific stuff. Ive use filezilla at home and love it. So, im trying to set this up.

It must have some sort of front end that will allow users to create new accounts via a web interface. It allows the user to select a user name and password, and will also have a field for their company name. That company name will be the folder on our server. It will lock them to that folder.

When they log in, they will see only their contents.

I will install the server software on the computer with our media share, or map the drive from our application server.

There are 2 programmers here that work with me who will finish the product, but they dont have time to create it from scratch.

What is need is a ASP or PHP code that will create accounts with propper working usernames.

Thanks

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2006-06-02 19:18

Please search the forums, there is some sample code to edit the XML file directly to add users.
After editing FileZilla Server.xml, the settings can be reloaded by passing /reload-config to FileZilla Server.exe