can't get it working...

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

charlieafif2
500 Command not understood

can't get it working...

#1 Post by charlieafif2 » 2006-06-14 11:25

Ok, so i'm probably missing something but i've read the server FAQ and things still aren't working. I'd like to run the FTP server on port 30 as 21 is already taken for the company's existing windows FTP server. This one will be more for personal use. My firewall/router only supports port-forwarding.

i have a Netgear DG834GT firewall/adsl combo unit. It recognises my custom TCP port 30 rule and happily seems to (according to its logs) forward any requests to the LAN ip i've specified.

I have set in the server admin app to listen on port 30. i have also created a directory on the F drive and granted my new user FTP account all rights to it.

When i try to connect from inside the LAN it all works fine. But when i try using my outside connection i get:

==========================================

Clientside:
=======

425 Can't open data connection.
ERROR:> Failed to establish data socket
ERROR:> File error
COMMAND:> pwd
257 "/" is current directory.
COMMAND:> TYPE I
200 Type set to I

Serverside:
=======

425 Can't open data connection.
ERROR:> Failed to establish data socket
ERROR:> File error
COMMAND:> pwd
257 "/" is current directory.
COMMAND:> TYPE I
200 Type set to I
========================================

it seems to be logging in as i get all sorts of password confirmation messages and the server knows what account i tried to login with. but i can't list any directory contents nor can FTP anything across.

Our normal FTP server is on windows IIS 5 (port 21) going through the same router. i have no passive port ranges specifically open on the router for that yet it still works fine.

Hope i'm making sense. Any help much appreciated.

Charlie

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2006-06-14 12:25

Please post some logs from inside FileZilla Server. Also, read the FAQ in this forum for details about proper configuration.