FZS on Windows 2003 Performance problems

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

LcNessie
500 Command not understood

FZS on Windows 2003 Performance problems

#1 Post by LcNessie » 2006-07-11 14:12

I have installed FZS on a Windows 2003 Server machine (AthlonXP 3200, 1GB memory)

When I connect to it with my own client (Windows XP pro) I achieve transfer rates of around 8Mb per second, which is roughly the performance limit of the HDD.

When someone connects to it from a different machine, but with the same account, it usually slows down to a relative crawl of 500KB per second, give or take a few 100 KBs (This rules out speed limit settings). The speed seems to be going up and down in bursts.

Everything else seems to work normally...

All computers are linked to each other via the same switch. (tried swapping that too, just to be on the safe side, no dice)

Both processor- and network load are not maxing out by a long shot.

Now, the only reason I can think of, is that I am logged in into my client box with a windows account/password combination that is also known on the server, so Windows accepts the authentication. This is not the case with the other boxes, so Windows keeps trying to verify the account, comes to the conclusion that it's invalid, and switches to guest-access, about a zillion times per second. Only thing is, that would require processor time, and would show up in the taskmanager...

Anyone have an idea?
With kind regards,

LcNessie

cszeto
226 Transfer OK

#2 Post by cszeto » 2006-07-19 05:19

Since everything appears to be on the same network, you might try "hard wiring" the NIC settings versus "Auto Detecting" as that does run into compatibility issues across different manufacturers sometimes.
Microsoft MVP (2004 through 2008)