New to FTP

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ckarnuth
500 Command not understood

New to FTP

#1 Post by ckarnuth » 2006-07-23 01:45

I installed filezilla along with Xampp, and was told that filezilla would be a great FTP site to use for my website. I set a new user account for myself with full rights, and left an anonymous account with a password for everyone else. They have read permission for files and list and +Subdirs in directories When i try going to the FTP site, i get an error that says: Windows can not access the folder. Details, the connection with the server has been reset. It does not give me the option to select a user and enter password. Does anyone have any ideas. I am up to try anything.
incase you need to know, the ftp site is ftp://ckarnuth.zapto.org, and the login and password are:
Login - anonymous
Pass - password
Please let me know if anyone gets the same error. This is frustrating, been messing with it all day long. Thank you in advance for any and all help in getting this up and running.
I tried the test FTP site on this site and this is what I got:
* About to connect() to ckarnuth.zapto.org port 21
* Trying 69.221.156.6... connected
* Connected to ckarnuth.zapto.org (69.221.156.6) port 21
* FTP response reading failed
* Closing connection #0
I am using a linksys wireless router and have specified and opened port 21 for Filezilla.
Again, Thank you for your help.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2006-07-23 09:00

Misconfigured router or firewall, please read the FAQ in this forum.

ckarnuth
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by ckarnuth » 2006-07-25 13:52

I have read the FAQ and still have the same issue. I tried shutting off the firewall and still no good. I have the ports forwarded on my router as specified in the FAQ, any other suggestions ?