SSL Problems

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

kbell
500 Command not understood

SSL Problems

#1 Post by kbell » 2006-08-02 19:34

... and yes, if you are talking about the 'Sticky FAQ' I've read the faq. ;-)

I have Filezilla server 0.9.18 beta running, am able to connect to it via FTP from anywhere.

I switched on FTP/SSL and am able to connect to it from the same system (connecting to my IP address) without problem. I get a pop-up asking me to authorize connection to the home-grown certificate and the connection works just fine... server and client on the same system, mind you.

However, when I attempt to connect from another system (using FileZilla client 2.2.26a), I run into problems. Plain
FTP works just fine, but when I require SSL/TLS, the connection is made, but the end user doesn't get the pop-up for the certificate and eventually the connection drops.

The 'remote' client I'm trying with is on the same local subnet... so should be no router problems.

Things I have done...

SERVER:
----------
- Turned off all semblences of Firewalls, tried all of the combinations of configurations, one at a time
- Rebuilt the server from another source. No problems, same issues.
- Set Force PROT P... on and off.
- Change 'Listen for SSL/TLS...' to port 80 (still works locally, not remotely.. changed back)
- Tried passive and active.

CLIENT:
---------
- Turned off all semblences of Firewalls, tried all combinations of SSL/TLS connectivity on Client and Server one at a time.
- Rebuilt client (same version that works on the server system) no luck.
- Tried passive and Active.
- Switched off SSL/TLS and it works... but must have SSL/TLS

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Ken

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2006-08-02 20:57

I want logs, tons of logs. Logs and logs and more logs. A mountain of logs, an ocean of logs, a whole universe of logs.