FileZilla Server: 3 questions

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

MisterM
500 Command not understood

FileZilla Server: 3 questions

#1 Post by MisterM » 2004-06-20 13:42

Hello everybody,

first of all i like to say that this is a very gook looking product and working fine :). But I have 3 questions:

1. Is it possible to hide some dirs with the ftp server? I know its possible to restrict access to a dir by giving no rights, but is het also possible to that dir. If the user isn't allowed to enter it why should you see it?

2. Is it possible to run FileZilla Server Interface from another computer then the computer which is running the server it self and connect to the server? I tried but I get everytime the folowing error:
FileZilla Server version 0.9.0 beta
Copyright 2001 by Tim Kosse (Tim.Kosse@gmx.de)
Connecting to server...
Error, could not connect to server
I filled in the password but the problem persists. There is nog firewall running on the machine, running the server.

3. Are there soms characters you can use in the welcome message like bulletproof and G6 FTP Server? Example %Uname: displays the name of the user who logs in. %Proc: displays processor information. Its no realy nescessary, its just funny :)

Thanx for any repy

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: FileZilla Server: 3 questions

#2 Post by botg » 2004-06-20 23:15

MisterM wrote:Hello everybody,
1. Is it possible to hide some dirs with the ftp server? I know its possible to restrict access to a dir by giving no rights, but is het also possible to that dir. If the user isn't allowed to enter it why should you see it?
It would take quite a lot of performance to check every subdirectory. Why don't you just move that directory somewhere else?
2. Is it possible to run FileZilla Server Interface from another computer then the computer which is running the server it self and connect to the server?
Yes. Make to allow remote access on the admin interface page in the settings dialog. You have to be locally connected to do this.
3. Are there soms characters you can use in the welcome message like bulletproof and G6 FTP Server? Example %Uname: displays the name of the user who logs in. %Proc: displays processor information. Its no realy nescessary, its just funny :)
Planned

MisterM
500 Command not understood

Re: FileZilla Server: 3 questions

#3 Post by MisterM » 2004-06-21 11:32

botg wrote: It would take quite a lot of performance to check every subdirectory. Why don't you just move that directory somewhere else?
thanx 4 the quick response :)

I just wondered if it was possible, I Think I leave it like this (no rights) Or move the directory some where else .

Yes. Make to allow remote access on the admin interface page in the settings dialog. You have to be locally connected to do this.
OK I see that miscofingured something, didn't bind the ip address of the server in the admin interface page. Problem is now solved :)
Planned
Ok will an eye on the future updates.

Thanx for the help and for the quick response.