Filezilla Server remote admin interface

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

whyme2469
500 Command not understood

Filezilla Server remote admin interface

#1 Post by whyme2469 » 2004-06-21 04:49

I am relatively new to FTP servers. Could someone explain the remote admin interface to me and how to access the ftp server remotely for administration?

eddan
226 Transfer OK

#2 Post by eddan » 2004-06-21 08:30

1. Check the FAQ: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/forum/ ... ic.php?t=3

2. Search the sf.net forums for "admin interface" or something.
http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=21558

MisterM
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by MisterM » 2004-06-21 11:45

Im just new to filezilla server, but the remote server admin is very easy to use actually. Had a problem myself with it, but after some help here its very easy.

after you install the server and the FileZilla Server Interface you can connect to your server(only local on the machine where you installed your server). A peace from the fact about this:
I've just installed the server and after starting the interface, it asks for a server address.
Despite administrating the server on the local machine, the interface can also be used to administrate remote servers. But you will most likely want to administrate your local server. In this case enter 127.0.0.1 as server address. For the server port, you have to enter the same port number you did specify during installation for the admin port. (default: 14147)
If you want to connect and administer your serer remotely you have to bind the admin interface to the ip of your server. And fill in the ip address you allow to connect to this admin interface. You can find this at : Edit --> Settings --> Admin interface settings. Remember this has to be filled in localy (in the machine were the server is installed) before you can actualy use it.

For how to use the rest of the admin interface check the links eddan gave you, but it real easy and i think you see what is possible in the admin interface for your self, when you are working with it.

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck anyways :)