The connection was refused when attempting to contact <ip

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

politisj
500 Command not understood

The connection was refused when attempting to contact <ip

#1 Post by politisj » 2004-06-30 13:38

The connection was refused when attempting to contact <ip>. (is it safe to post ip addresses, esspecialy when u note that the firewall is down?)

this is the first time ever since i installed fz over 5 months ago that i got this error. there are no messages in the log. i have a d-link wireless router (DI-614+). I have Norton net protection, but have it disabled(can't connect from other computers if firewall is up anyways). I have quite a few users, 2 of which require no password, 1 of which is just plain annonymous.

is it possible that road runner is causing this problem? do they not like me having a server on my computer?

This is the first time i have ever created an ftp server. i can't believe that of all times, it would give me problems now. i'm leaving tomorow, and will be gone for 7 weeks. it's the whole reason why i created the server to begin with. i will need to carry on my business from the other side of the world. you have no idea how desprately i need this to work.

thnx for your help in advance

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: The connection was refused when attempting to contact &l

#2 Post by botg » 2004-06-30 20:58

politisj wrote:is it possible that road runner is causing this problem? do they not like me having a server on my computer?
If in doubt, ask them :wink:

Other than that, have you tried restarting / reinstalling the server?

politisj
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by politisj » 2004-06-30 21:37

Hey, thnx guys but i found the real problem. I tried everything i could think of, even things that made no sense. the end result, the computer with the server installed had a new ip address. instead of finishing with .100, the new one was .101.

It's working now. thnx guys.

gyro