Compiling Server 0.9.1b

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

glenara
504 Command not implemented
First name: Glen
Last name: Arason

Compiling Server 0.9.1b

#1 Post by glenara » 2004-07-17 17:50

Platform win 2k server
Visual Studio c++ 6 (service pack 6)

When compiling the Server (0.9.1b) the following errors occur linking:

Linking...
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _calloc already defined in LIBCMT.lib(calloc.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _free already defined in LIBCMT.lib(free.obj)
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "MSVCRT" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
Release/FileZilla server.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found
Error executing link.exe.

FileZilla server.exe - 3 error(s), 1 warning(s)

To overcome the error I added /FORCE:MULTIPLE to the link project options which returns:

Linking...
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : warning LNK4006: _calloc already defined in LIBCMT.lib(calloc.obj); second definition ignored
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : warning LNK4006: _free already defined in LIBCMT.lib(free.obj); second definition ignored
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "MSVCRT" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
Release/FileZilla server.exe : warning LNK4088: image being generated due to /FORCE option; image may not run

FileZilla server.exe - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)

While this ignores the call to the second definition I don't think this is the correct way to deal with the error.

Any suggestions?

Glen

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2004-07-17 23:09

Don't use the MT DLL runtime libs, use the statically linked MT libs.

glenara
504 Command not implemented
First name: Glen
Last name: Arason

#3 Post by glenara » 2004-07-18 12:04

Hi again.

Actually it's the static linked MT lib that is causing the problem. Further to your post I decided to see what would happen if compiled it with the MT DLL runtime libs. I removed the /FORCE:MULTIPLE which I had included earlier and it compiles just fine with MD selected. I then added /D_STATIC_CPPLIB to ensure the application was linking to libcpmt.lib, and all seems ok.

I'm still concerned it might cause some other malfunction later on.

Thanks for your help.

Glen