Downloading from a Web Page

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

rogerfgay
550 Permission denied

Downloading from a Web Page

#1 Post by rogerfgay » 2007-04-24 17:39

Well ... as a newbie, I simply tried to put an anchor in a web page to initiate ftp downloading. Things like ftp:// and ftp. instead of http:// for the address. But so far, that hasn't worked. (Maybe it's the same problem as not being able to use the username:password@host in the browser or Explorer. (BTW: I've already tried including my external IP address in set-up ... I think I did it right but the results don't prove it.)

I don't know if it's as simple as getting a one line html statement with the right syntax, or if it's more complicated. I tried searching the web for answers, but ... didn't really find a tutorial. I even searched and found some sites offering ftp download, but not simple ones. And as I recall, I have at times over the years, simply downloaded by ftp by clicking.

What am I missing? Can someone put me on the right track. Just now, as I type this, I'm wondering if my web page needs to switch to an ftp site first ... then click ... or ... ?????