Thumnail view in the local and remote file viewer

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

KVSSetty
504 Command not implemented

Thumnail view in the local and remote file viewer

#1 Post by KVSSetty » 2007-05-21 16:09

Hello,
A beginners question.
Is it possible to view thumbnails of image files in both local and remote sight
panes, as most of the time i use FZ client for transferring jpeg images so it will be very useful if it shows the thumbnails for at least jpg format if not for other 100's of image formats. Or does the feature exists and i am missing out. for any help thanks in advance.
KVS
Color geek

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2007-05-21 16:53

No. On the local side it would be very much effort with very little use. And on the remote side it's impossible, the FTP protocol cannot handle this.

KVSSetty
504 Command not implemented

#3 Post by KVSSetty » 2007-05-24 07:44

Hello,

It will be a great feature to show thumbnails at least on the local site if not on the remote site.

And i think all most all jpeg's will have small embedded thumbnails ready and there is no need for the client to render from the actual image so i think to display thumbnails on local site is not much effort for the FZ Client. Windows OS itself displays thumbnails of jpegs and many other image formats thumbnails in the explorer so why not our favorite FZ Client?.

Also, I feel it is very useful feature when you see that one of the important activities on the internet is sharing of photographs.
According to a recent survey by InfoTrends(The most popular market trends research company in digital photography and digital imaging field) nearly 8 billion images are shared in last calender year over the internet,
by using e-mail,web,FTP etc,.

In view of this I request the developers of FZ to consider showing thumbnails of Jpeg's at least on the local side.
KVS
Color geek