Set Home Dir to a novelldrive >error 421

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

steki

Set Home Dir to a novelldrive >error 421

#1 Post by steki » 2004-08-09 14:11

hi,

i try to get filezilla Server (0.92b) running. It works fine if i set the home dir to a directory located on drive c:. but if i set the homedirectory to a path located on a novell server,i receive a 421 - No-transfer-time-exceeded error.

Bug or feature?

thanks stefan

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2004-08-09 14:53

Install a ftp server on the novell server instead and connect to it.

Sharing network folders is not recommended due to bugs in the way Windows implements them and since all data would have to be transferred at least twice.

Halo
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by Halo » 2004-08-11 16:05

I have a small server and don't really care if it's a bit laggy/buggy. I'd really like to put a shared network drive on my ftp.

Filezilla seems to access the drive if I force it to (set it as the home directory) but doesn't list any files. I've been using bulletproofftp to do this for awhile and didn't really have a problem, is there any way to get this feature into filezilla?

jdvb
500 Command not understood

#4 Post by jdvb » 2007-07-24 12:18

I have the exact same problem,
the transfered files are small, so speed is not a problem.

currently I am using a different FTP server aplication,
yet this program is irreliable and I would like to try an alternative.

when I set FZS to run under the username that has acces to this novel server, then I can no longer connect to the service at all, not through an FTP client, neither through admin interface.

it does not appear to make a difference if I set a password for this user or not.

could anyone give me a hint on how I could solve this?

edit: I am making use of the IPX protocol for my novell networking