Speed Limit without time settings in server

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Raka
500 Command not understood

Speed Limit without time settings in server

#1 Post by Raka » 2004-09-10 14:09

Hi, I,m new here so I must say that this is a best FTP server ever. Small, fast, stealthy .. GREAT.

So my question is how come that Client have ability to set speed limit so it responds to sertain time, and server doesent have that ability.

I cant relay on some person to enable speed limit, so I would like to set speed limit for DLoad and ULoad in example:

from 17 pm - 02 am some speed limit (30 KB or 100 KB)
From 14 pm - 17 am something other (50 KB or something)
from 02 am - 14 pm lets say 200 KB or something.

Can I do that in Server ?? I coud not find that option... Is there a way to make this work... to change some registry settinge or some .ini file, cfg file or seomething else ??

Thank you for the program, for bouth Client and Server .. they are great. I only found this ONE thing I asked earlyer that is missing and belive me I tryed many FTP clients and servers...

Keep up the good work and I hope that that speed limit by time option will be implemented soon :) ...

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2004-09-10 18:05

Please make sure you're using the latest version of FileZilla Server.

Speed limits have been implemented quite some time now.

Raka

#3 Post by Raka » 2004-09-10 19:04

Yes, I know.. but..

In the Client I can setup the speed limit by time frame. ftom 17 to 02 am and so on...

In the server I cant set time, insted I can set dates, so I think that there is a BUG in the server.

I the server program or in the Interface I cant set hours or minutes in speed limit.. I can set dates,

days, mounts, years ... but not the time !!

So in server I can set for example that on 01.01.2005 the speed limit will be lets say 50 KB/s.

And in client I can set the limit to be every day of the week from 17 to 02 am lets say 50 KB ...

I dont know if you understand what Im trying to tell you ...

Check the Client and Server speed limit configuration ... you will see the diference right away. The

Client can ser the hours or minutes, the Server CANT. :)

I'm telling you about when I use Speed Limit Rules to set the speed limit !!

That is the problem !!

botg
Site Admin

#4 Post by botg » 2004-09-10 22:26

Sorry you're right. I'll look into it...

Raka

#5 Post by Raka » 2004-09-10 23:42

Great... lol

I actualy written somethig that can be understood :)

Please do check that option ... and please check one more thing...

Even I have set the speed limit in Client from 17 - 02 am on 30 KB, it did not lowered speed limit ... actualy it turned off speed limit and the trasfer rate was arround 200 KB (since it is a wireless connection and very overloaded one :) )

So if you could look into it as well, that woul be great lol

Nevermind my smilies .. its just the way I am ... and I can be a pain in the b*** ans you can see ... so nevermind that ether lol

Keep up the good work ... this is the greates projest of them all !!

$p00f3r

Still not working....

#6 Post by $p00f3r » 2004-11-28 00:26

I also noticed that the speed-limit rules are only date-based in the admin interface. But taking a sneak-a-peak at the fillezilla client (were you CAN make time-based limit rules) config file, I noticed some simple .xml language whitch states the speed-limit rules! :lol:

So I just edited the FileZilla Server.xml file in my fillezilla server directory with a text editor and added (or changed) the following section:

Code: Select all

<SpeedLimits>
<Download>
<Rule Speed="64">
<From Hour="0" Minute="0" Second="0"/>
<To Hour="7" Minute="59" Second="59"/>
</Rule>
<Rule Speed="8">
<From Hour="8" Minute="0" Second="0"/>
<To Hour="23" Minute="59" Second="59"/>
</Rule>
</Download>
<Upload/>
</SpeedLimits>
DAMN! I really hoped this would work, but after some testing it didn't really do anything... :cry:

When I look at the Speed Limit settings with the admin interface, the setting I just added in the .xml file are not shown...

Is there any other config file that fillezilla serv uses????

mf_2
500 Syntax error

#7 Post by mf_2 » 2004-11-29 02:33

Hello,

I've used Filezilla server 0.87 when I first set up my xml file and didn't change it since I think 0.91 or something. I noticed that at least since 0.93 the hour-spped-rule whatever is missing in the interface. But: In the earlier ( 0.91 ) version of the interface, is was there!! And: I never touched the xml file since at least 0.91 and always took it with me when migrating to a new version ( currently 0.93 , probably soon 0.94 ), and as long as you don'ty change the rules, the hourly speed limit will still work even under 0.93. That's at least my experience. so the code for it still seems to be there, just the entry in the interafce is gone. I use FZS for nearly a year now on a 24/7 ftp server whcih transfers average 3gb a week at least and it runs rock solid, congratulations!

botg
Site Admin

#8 Post by botg » 2004-11-29 09:18

The time based speed limits should work again in FZS 0.9.4