SOLVED - Windows 10 ver 15063 - FZS and Cobian Backup Stops working

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

mtech61
504 Command not implemented
First name: Dan
Last name: Brown

SOLVED - Windows 10 ver 15063 - FZS and Cobian Backup Stops working

#1 Post by mtech61 » 2017-06-19 10:41

Hi Guys

I run an FTP Server with Filezilla Server on it so my customers and their servers can backup to my FTP backup server during the night.
I have successfully used Cobian Backup 11 and Filezilla server for 5 years with no problems. XP Pro=>7 Pro x64 =>10 Pro x64

I recently lost my Boot drive on my primary FTP server so I replaced the boot drive and imported all the settings back in and the data backups from my Backup server. However I put the latest Windows 10 ver 15063 on as I had a copy available. (Previously ver 1607)

To make a long story Short, my Customers Servers and Workstations would log on with Port 21 but when it came to transferring the data I would get an Error 425 and the transfer would disconnect.

The Guilty party turned out to be Windows 10 Professional latest version 15063 and a single setting in Cobian Backup. So if anyone upgrades their Windows 10 and are using Cobian Backup and your backups fail for no apparent reason here's the solution that worked for me.

In Cobian Backup under "Edit Task" | "Files" | "Destination" | "FTP Settings" There is a check box called "Try NAT Fast Track" which I have never ever used and Backups have worked fine for years. The Minute I checked the "Try NAT Fast Track" box all my customers backups started coming in once I checked that Box on their Servers and workstations. All's well. I will post this on the COBIAN forum as well as it's a great program and Free (or donationware) to boot.

Regards

Desperate Dan

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: SOLVED - Windows 10 ver 15063 - FZS and Cobian Backup Stops working

#2 Post by botg » 2017-06-19 17:52

What does that option do?

mtech61
504 Command not implemented
First name: Dan
Last name: Brown

Re: SOLVED - Windows 10 ver 15063 - FZS and Cobian Backup Stops working

#3 Post by mtech61 » 2017-09-11 11:35

I don't have a clue but now I can't let my friends use their browsers because the "Try Fast NAT" setting obviously isn't in the Browser ftp engine :-( Any boffins out there want to comment why I can't log into my ftp server with ftp://myserver.example.org?. I get a Login screen and can enter the Password and username then it bombs out with an error 425. This is on a TP-LINK 6677.

I will contact the Cobian Guys and ask them if they know what that setting does and post result here it might help other users too.