Filezilla server cannot connect to the admin interface on the remote server

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Stuperfied
504 Command not implemented
First name: Michael
Last name: Hurt

Filezilla server cannot connect to the admin interface on the remote server

#1 Post by Stuperfied » 2017-08-14 10:07

I am posting this as a solution for this issue.
I encountered this issue myself and was unable to find the answer online, so I thought I would post it for others.

To clarify, this is the solution for those of you who are attempting to remote admin your servers and get the cannot connect message.

On the localhost of the server you are trying to administrate, open filezilla server and click connect (Must be on the physical machine)
Goto Edit > Settings > Admin Interface Settings

In that dialogue you will see too text areas which ask you to enter IP addresses
Enter * in both

Assuming you have forwarded your ports correctly and allowed access through your firewalls, you should now be able to connect.

boco
Contributor

Re: Filezilla server cannot connect to the admin interface on the remote server

#2 Post by boco » 2017-08-15 02:02

Nope, not yet. For remote administration to work, you must set an admin password first, while being connected locally. Locally means, connected using localhost, 127.0.0.1, [::1]. Only then, changes to the Admin settings page will be stored.

As for bindings and access rules, set them as restrictive as possible (e. g. use the LAN IP your port forwards point to). Using * binds to all available interfaces and IPs, which might be overkill.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org