Shared folders missing after reboot of server - restart service and they are back

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

david.sain
500 Command not understood
First name: David
Last name: Sain

Shared folders missing after reboot of server - restart service and they are back

#1 Post by david.sain » 2017-10-09 03:22

I have a server that has a management agent on it from our platform (Kaseya). After system updates are pushed, servers are rebooted early Sunday morning. This server has Filezilla Server 0.9.59 Beta.

After the server is rebooted automatically, the Filezilla server is inaccessible by a vendor. Once the server has been rebooted again, it seems to work fine.

I looked at Filezilla's configuration after I had restarted the server. Looked at the ports and made certain nothing was contending for port 21. Started looking at the vendor application only to discover it's not related - the file comes from their location over the internet.

Then I looked at the configuration prior to a manual restart of the server or service. I created a test user and was warned that there was no shared folder - Something as if the folder needed to exist before I could create the user. Looking at that tab, there is nothing in the path.

Restarted the Filezilla Server SERVICE only. Opened the application and the folder is now available.

I looked in the server log and see NO errors. In fact, everything looks perfect. I searched and only found something that turned out to be network related (involving targeting a NAS). The folder path here is local (C:\FTP).

I'm just taking over management of this server and the previous admin just manually rebooted each week instead of looking into the root of the issue. I'm hoping this is the root - I see 0.9.60.2 is available. It's not a beta so perhaps it will address this? Can I install it over the top of the beta?

Thanks for any input.
David

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Shared folders missing after reboot of server - restart service and they are back

#2 Post by botg » 2017-10-09 08:15

Which Windows version are you using?

boco
Contributor

Re: Shared folders missing after reboot of server - restart service and they are back

#3 Post by boco » 2017-10-10 00:01

I see 0.9.60.2 is available. It's not a beta so perhaps it will address this?
All FileZilla Server versions are betas. 0.9.60.2 is no exception.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org