Assistance with purchased SSL certificate for Filezilla Server

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Paulrccl
500 Command not understood
First name: Paul
Last name: Rowley

Assistance with purchased SSL certificate for Filezilla Server

#1 Post by Paulrccl » 2017-11-10 16:04

Hello,
I’ve been asked to look at purchasing and installing an SSL certificate for our Filezilla (FTPS) server, so that people uploading files to it do not get a certificate warning.

Talking to our third party certificate provider, they advised me to create the CSR through IIS, which I did. I pointed out to them that there isn’t an IIS site for our FTPS service, but they said to create the request through there and follow the instructions.

The request went through fine. I was able to download the certificate from the provider, in IIS format, with a choice of others if needed. This gave me a zip file with a crt and a p7b file.

I completed the CSR request in IIS, which I can see in IIS with the correct details. But I cannot perform the last step, to bind this to a website, as there isn’t a website in IIS to attach this to.

I’m seeing other certificate providers suggesting to import ‘.key and .pem‘ or ‘.crt and .crt’ files directly into Filezilla server on the ssl/tls section of Filezilla server.

Could anyone advise what I need to do please? I presume I need to download the certificate in another format firstly?
Thanks,
Paul

Paulrccl
500 Command not understood
First name: Paul
Last name: Rowley

Re: Assistance with purchased SSL certificate for Filezilla Server

#2 Post by Paulrccl » 2017-11-14 09:33

I resolved this by following this guide

Code: Select all

http://illdata.com/blog/2007/01/23/exporting-an-ssl-certificate-from-iis-to-use-in-filezilla-ftp-server/
Last edited by boco on 2017-11-14 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made URL non-clickable, target site contains trackers and thus violates forum TOS. Kept for informational value.