1.1MB/s upload speeds....

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Cinderwolf
500 Syntax error
First name: Jonathan
Last name: Armstrong

1.1MB/s upload speeds....

#1 Post by Cinderwolf » 2017-12-20 03:35

Hey everyone! I've never noticed the upload speeds that Filezilla has transferred at (since I'm always on the "download" end, accessing files while away from home and not paying close attention).
I granted access to my FTP server to my brother and I noticed I'm uploading at 1.1MB/s. It never dips or raises, it's a constant 1.1MB/s. I haven't limited my connection in any way- and the FiberOp line I'm on actually allows me to upload over 4MB/s (tested via uploading to Google Drive and other cloud/upload services). I also run a Plex media server on the same system and know from streaming 4k media while away from home that I'm easily able to upload much faster than 1.1MB/s (and if it matters, everything is hard-wired to the FiberOp modem my ISP supplied me).

As for FileZilla server configuration, I've never touched anything to do with limited bandwidth- simply installed, set my IP, user accounts and ports, and done.

Any ideas what I should be doing differently?

Cinderwolf
500 Syntax error
First name: Jonathan
Last name: Armstrong

Re: 1.1MB/s upload speeds....

#2 Post by Cinderwolf » 2017-12-20 04:12

Please disregard this post. As much as I hate to admit this, I failed to check the speeds myself.
The problem is my brother's connection speed, not my own. A download through my mobile phone while watching the connection through Filezilla Server showed the upload capping just shy of 5MB/s.

Feel free to delete this thread... or save it to make an example of me. :p