server error when trying to connect

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

dontcare
500 Command not understood
First name: Dont
Last name: Care

server error when trying to connect

#1 Post by dontcare » 2018-01-12 18:01

getting these errors and dont snap ive seen the other threads but I am not understanding what anyone is doing cause nothing is helping lol.

Protocol warning: Server version mismatch: Server version is 0.9.70.0, interface version is 0.9.96.0
Protocol error: Protocol version mismatch: Server protocol version is 0.1.15.0, interface protocol version is 0.1.64.0
Connection to server closed.

Seems like other threads keeps saying just uninstall and reinstall, ive done that and get the same error. Also seen others say it means i have multiple versions installed, its a clean image and I just downloaded the server .exe so there is only one version. Some are saying make sure the admin interface is matching the filezilla server service but im not sure what those 2 things are, do you mean on the box where the ftp site is hosted to check versions of something or on the local machine. sorry if im total noob here, just lost.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: server error when trying to connect

#2 Post by botg » 2018-01-12 20:38

You have multiple versions of FileZilla Server installed. Please remove all outdated copies.

Maybe your image isn't as clean as you'd like?

dontcare

#3 Post by dontcare » 2018-01-12 20:47

We have literally just created this image as we are deploying windows 10 1709. its a brand new clean image from a Microsoft ISO. But since I keep hearing that there are 2 versions where would the second version hide? Ive gone through Programs and Features and uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled. still getting the same errors. Not sure how else I can remove it. Not to mention this is the same base image for our users so we definitely dont put any server programs on the image. filezilla server is a manual install on our own machines in IT.

edit: So I just uninstalled again, verified in program files (x86) that no filezilla server folder existed any more, it didnt, rebooted, re-installed. The FileZilla server folder is back now. run filezilla server and get the same error still.

botg
Site Admin

#4 Post by botg » 2018-01-13 10:59

Where did you download FileZilla Server from?

dontcare

#5 Post by dontcare » 2018-01-15 15:32

botg wrote:Where did you download FileZilla Server from?
got it from here

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server

botg
Site Admin

#6 Post by botg » 2018-01-15 17:17

That's the correct link.

This leaves only one possible explanation: You have multiple versions of FileZilla Server installed, the version of the administration interface, which is the recent one, does not match the version of the server service, which is antique, you are connecting to.

dontcare

#7 Post by dontcare » 2018-01-15 17:36

botg wrote:That's the correct link.

This leaves only one possible explanation: You have multiple versions of FileZilla Server installed, the version of the administration interface, which is the recent one, does not match the version of the server service, which is antique, you are connecting to.
you should say that from the start instead of just saying you have multiple versions installed. I am sitting here checking my laptop for multiple versions on it when the whole time you are saying that the box running the server has one version and my laptop another version. Thanks for deciding to be clear about the issue I mentioned in the OP 10 posts later.

botg
Site Admin

#8 Post by botg » 2018-01-15 18:38

Normally it says in the log which host you are connecting to, though you left out this important diagnostic detail from the logs.

dontcare

#9 Post by dontcare » 2018-01-15 18:42

botg wrote:Normally it says in the log which host you are connecting to, though you left out this important diagnostic detail from the logs.
Alright its my fault. sorry to waste your time. Said I was new in the OP as well. Sorry to leave out your crucial info even though you never asked for it either. When you are support and there is an important part the user can provide you usually ask for it, just FYI for your future support.