FileZilla Can No Longer See Virtual Drive Created By Google Drive File Stream?

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

knowitallITguy
500 Command not understood
First name: Adam
Last name: Schodron

FileZilla Can No Longer See Virtual Drive Created By Google Drive File Stream?

#1 Post by knowitallITguy » 2018-06-12 13:32

I have a workstation running FileZilla so that the end-user can scan into the folders on the virtual drive created by Google Drive File Stream. This was working flawlessly for about 3 weeks, then it just stopped. The virtual drive is still there, I can still map the path to it when I go to FileZilla but FileZilla can no longer write the files there, it is saying the directory does not exist.

The virtual drive is local to the workstation that FileZilla is running on. FileZilla is using the local admin account. It seems to just no longer be able to see the virtual drive. Has anyone else experienced this?

Update: The error is error 550. My understanding is that this happens usually when trying to scan to mapped drive, but in this case the "mapped drive" is actually local to the OS because it is created by Google Drive File Stream. I haven't found a way to modify the NTFS permissions for the drive, which is why I'm confused about why it would just stop working. FileZilla service was running as the System account before and after it stopped working.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: FileZilla Can No Longer See Virtual Drive Created By Google Drive File Stream?

#2 Post by botg » 2018-06-12 14:58

Try running the FileZilla Server service under the same Windows user account that has mapped the drive.

knowitallITguy
500 Command not understood
First name: Adam
Last name: Schodron

Re: FileZilla Can No Longer See Virtual Drive Created By Google Drive File Stream?

#3 Post by knowitallITguy » 2018-06-12 21:06

I did try using the local user's account as the account the service logs in as and I got the same result.

It is a "mapped drive", as in it shows up like a mapped drive, but not a network share from a different computer. It is a virtual drive that Drive File Stream creates. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or if FileZilla treats these both as the same thing.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2018-06-12 21:29

Could be session isolation where the mapped drive is bound to a particular session (which from a security perspective can be a good thing). Logging in on your computer creates a session, starting a service using the same user account creates a different session.

Try starting FileZilla Server.exe with the /compat switch from your logged in session, while the service isn't running.

boco
Contributor

#5 Post by boco » 2018-06-12 23:59

It always depends HOW the virtual drive is exposed to you.

1. If it is exposed as a filesystem object to all applications running on the OS, FZ Server should pick up and see it.
2. If it is session-bound, follow botg's post.
3. Some 64-bit software exposes the object in a way that only works for 64-bit applications. FZ Server is 32-bit.
4. If it is exposed over a hook or plugin and only appears in Explorer, you're SOL.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org