REMOTE ACCESS FTP SERVER FROM ANOTHER COMPUTER

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

BambosD
500 Command not understood
First name: Bambos
Last name: Damianou

REMOTE ACCESS FTP SERVER FROM ANOTHER COMPUTER

#1 Post by BambosD » 2018-07-09 11:26

Hello,

i have an FTP server up and running behind a router. i port forward port 21 for listening and 50000 - 51000 for passive mode. ALL is fine for administration from local computer using 14147. Operation is also fine !!

The issue: I tried to make remote administrator (from another computer from different public IP), on the logging interface i have entered the public ip address of the FTP server and also i have port forward 14147. Logged on is successful using public IP of FTP server and 14147 port. ERROR is: on retrieving settings "Connection to server closed - Trying to reconnect in 5 seconds". I also put the asterisks for the admin binding interface and allowed IP addresses. Also tried to put allowance of the public IP i'm trying to remote connect. Firewalls disabled.

I already check the network configuration threats. If this should work, what is the normal procedure ?

boco
Contributor

Re: REMOTE ACCESS FTP SERVER FROM ANOTHER COMPUTER

#2 Post by boco » 2018-07-09 19:48

Do you have assigned an admin password? Without admin password, remote administration doesn't work, for security reasons.

Other things to consider:
- The settings on the "Admin Interface settings" page can only be changed from a localhost session, changes made during remote administration are ignored.
- Convenient browsing of the local filesystem (to select directories) only works for localhost sessions.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

BambosD
500 Command not understood
First name: Bambos
Last name: Damianou

Re: REMOTE ACCESS FTP SERVER FROM ANOTHER COMPUTER

#3 Post by BambosD » 2018-07-10 05:40

Thanks, i have manage to remote login but seems unreliable method. The connection is closing unexpectedly and re-login is required to retrieve settings or users.

Cheers for your awesome work and dedication for FileZilla FTP.