Can the 221 response be edited?

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

XPS_FTP
500 Command not understood
First name: PJ
Last name: K

Can the 221 response be edited?

#1 Post by XPS_FTP » 2018-09-05 18:23

We have an app that was working fine a few months ago. Now when pics are uploaded to our FZ FTP Server (v. 0.9.60) the app is unable to see the pics. I can see that they are actually being transferred to the server, so it is working, but they are not showing up in the app any longer. Spoke with the developer and they say it is because our response back to them has changed and is causing the issue. I guess they are looking for "221 Goodbye." and they are now getting "221 Goodbye" (without the "." at the end).

Is there any way that I can change/edit the response back to them to include the "." ?

From what I can see from the logs, everything looks just like it did previously. Going all the way back to when we set this up, in the log files, the response has always been "221 Goodbye" so I am not sure where they got the extra "." from but it was working.

Any ideas on where to look next?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Can the 221 response be edited?

#2 Post by botg » 2018-09-05 19:02

Apart from a few well-specified exceptions, clients must never evaluate the text of a reply, they must look at the response code. The text is merely for humans, machines deserve better.

XPS_FTP
500 Command not understood
First name: PJ
Last name: K

Re: Can the 221 response be edited?

#3 Post by XPS_FTP » 2018-09-05 19:52

Oh, I get that. I have seen some responses come back with an "!" instead of an "." at the end, so I know they can differ depending on circumstances.

Don't guess that was something that came up until now for this though.