FILEZILLA with MAPPED NETWORK DRIVE (IT'S WORK)

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

johan.cn
500 Command not understood
First name: Johan
Last name: Nugroho

FILEZILLA with MAPPED NETWORK DRIVE (IT'S WORK)

#1 Post by johan.cn » 2019-05-19 11:00

I found a way so that filezilla server can start using mapped network drive without much settings. Follow my step below :

The main problem was that with default install filezilla running as a windows service with some local account.
We cannot use mapped drive while running Filezilla as a service.

So what all you need to do is to make filezilla server runs as windows application, not as windows service application

Here are the steps
1. Stop Filezilla Service, from windows services you search filezilla server and right click STOP
2. Uninstall Filezilla Service, from cmd (run as administrator) you navigate to install directory, cd C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server, and run "FileZilla Server.exe" /uninstall
3. Run Filezilla as Windows Application, from cmd folder C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server, run "FileZilla Server.exe" /compat /start
4. Check in your Task Manager whether FIlezilla Server was running. If it is there, then now your Filezilla was running as windows application
5. Go ahead create mapped network drive as many as you like, eq H: drive that was mapped from \\ip\shared_folder
6. Open Filezilla Interface, login to your filezilla server and start creating users and use that H: as your user home folder, dont forget add necessary permissions to that home folder
7. Test your setting with FIlezila Client

If you encounter any error while configuring FIlezilla in Windows Application mode with Filezilla Server Interface, you can switch back to Windows Service mode with these simple steps.
1. Install Filezilla Service, from cmd (run as administrator) you navigate to install directory, cd C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server, and run "FileZilla Server.exe"
2. Click Yes if the pop up ask to install as A Service
3. Click Yes if the pop up ask to auto start
4. Click Yes if the pop up as to Start the service
5. From cmd C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server, and run "FileZilla Server.exe" /reload-config to reload last config
5. Now you can configure any changes you want with FIlezilla Server Interface

and anytime you can revert back to Windows Application mode if you wish to use Mapped Network Drive again

Good Luck

Uderzo

Re: FILEZILLA with MAPPED NETWORK DRIVE (IT'S WORK)

#2 Post by Uderzo » 2019-05-22 21:58

I followed your instructions by the letter, but still, my mapped drive(synology NAS) doesn't work as home directory :(
550 Home directory does not exist

johan.cn
First name: Johan
Last name: Nugroho

#3 Post by johan.cn » 2019-06-04 10:32

i tried with NAS (QNAP) share and windows file share, they are all working well.

Check your windows services lists, please make sure filezilla server is not in the list before launching filezilla exe

Steiner-SE
504 Command not implemented
First name: Thomas
Last name: Andersson

#4 Post by Steiner-SE » 2022-10-09 20:35

Yay! Finally a solution that seems to work for me so I can finally upgrade from the v0.9.60 I've been running for years.
Big thank you to OP!