Prevent user to enter directory, but still letting him to list that folder

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Mike
500 Command not understood

Prevent user to enter directory, but still letting him to list that folder

#1 Post by Mike » 2019-08-06 23:07

Hi,

I need your help.

H D:\FTP Server listing only

Inside I have :

@Mike's FTP Server
Something

I want to list "@Mike's FTP Server" and "Something", but only to let user to ENTER to "Something" only.
When user will try to enter "@Mike's FTP Server" directory, it should see permission denied message from a server.

How can I accomplish that?
IMHO this scenario is impossilbe as FZ treat "list" permission as enter as well, which I think is a bad idea.

In Gene 6 FTP Server "list" meaning only to listing folders, but don't let user enter inside, giving permision "Subdirs" let the user enter the folder.

Regards.

boco
Contributor

Re: Prevent user to enter directory, but still letting him to list that folder

#2 Post by boco » 2019-08-07 00:01

You can add that subdirectory as resource and remove the List permissions. Then, the user won't be able to traverse the subdirectory contents. However, due to the way this feature is implemented in FileZilla Server, the subdirectory will also vanish from the directory view itself, so, the user won't even know it exists.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###

Mike
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by Mike » 2021-07-14 13:45

Two years later, and still such a basic function is missing...
In addition, as far as I can see, the FXP [site to site] has been removed in version 1.0 RC3?

OK, these are free programs, but I don't understand why such useful features being removed. :?

What happen to 1.0 RC3 GUI?
It is a complete mess... users permissions?

I really don't believe what I saw after two years, I thought the program would make some progress.

PS.
This thread should be in: FileZilla Server Support

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2021-07-14 15:31

FileZilla Server 1.0.0 is not a continuation of 0.9.60. It is recoded from scratch and still in its infancy. Most features will return over time.

FXP is normally something the client does. I don't know if the IP match settings will return to FileZilla Server, though, as FXP is incompatible with FTP over TLS.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###