Connecting Filezilla Server with s12.wpxhosting.com

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

cmallinson
500 Command not understood

Connecting Filezilla Server with s12.wpxhosting.com

#1 Post by cmallinson » 2019-10-10 21:32

Connecting with Filezilla looks to be a fairly straightforward process. The file upload/download procedures should get you automatically to a screen where four information items are entered on the top line of the screen.

Those items are (1) the Host, (2) the Username, (3) the Password, and finally,(4) the Port. The last item on the top line is the Quickconnect box.

Has anyone had a problem with the window where these four information items are to be entered NOT come up?

The Downloads section of my computer has Filezilla_Server-0_9_60_2 in it. Also, directly below 0_9_60-2, is a file Filezilla 3.44.2_Win64_sponsored-setup(1). In fact, there's a second line with the 3.44.2 file, but without the (1) at the end of it.

With these items in place, it seems that the connection should work. Unfortunately, when the connection needs to be made, I get a Filezilla window where a message that the connection between Filezilla Server 0.9.60 beta and the WPX Hosting server 67.202.92.12 is failing. This failure statement repeats about 15 times.

Does anyone have any idea about the problem and how to correct it? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Signature: Center54

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Connecting Filezilla Server with s12.wpxhosting.com

#2 Post by botg » 2019-10-11 13:16

In order to connect with a third-party server you need to use an FTP client such as FileZilla.

FileZilla Server on the other hand is an FTP server, it's administration interface can only be used to administrate FileZilla Server.

cmallinson
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by cmallinson » 2019-10-11 15:54

Rereading your reply, I'll try the Filezilla Client. Just to refresh my own memory, what follows is a rewrite of my initial posting.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. However, unless there is something I'm not understanding, the question I mentioned in my initial posting of the problem still remains unanswered.

That unanswered question is that after doing the initial steps, as explained in the Filezilla setup instructions, the screen where I need to enter the (1) Host, (2) Username, (3), Password & (4) Port does NOT show up.

In going through this, I did get a screenshot from an outfit called Monosnap. The very top line on this Monosnap screenshot is titled "admin.ftp.ftp.ladiesoutfityourhome@s12.wpxhosting.com - Filezilla." This information about my website looks to all be correct.

It was in the Downloads section of my computer that I found three files from Filezilla. They are (1) Filezilla_Server-0_9_60_2, (2) Filezilla_3.44.2_win64_sponsored-setup (1), and (3) Filezilla_3.44.2_win64_sponsored-setup.

To correct the problem, would it work to simply delete these three files from my computer's Downloads section, then start the whole Filezilla download/upload process all over?

When I right click on any of the 3 files, 14 items are listed, starting with "Open" and ending with "Properties."

Two of the 14 items are "Permanently erase with Webroot" and "Delete." Should one of these two be used to remove the three Filezilla files?

Thank you for any additional suggestions or guidance.

cmallinson Signature: (Center54)

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2019-10-12 01:09

FileZilla Server 0.60.2 is not for you, as you don't want to run an FTP server. You only and exclusively need the client.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org