client certificate authentication with non-wildcard cert in FileZilla Server

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ronjeremy
500 Command not understood
First name: Nelson
Last name: Dube

client certificate authentication with non-wildcard cert in FileZilla Server

#1 Post by ronjeremy » 2020-11-04 17:33

Wondering if anyone has any experience setting up ftps with client certificate authentication with non-wildcard cert in FileZilla Server?

Need a specific cert for each “customer” but I do not see anywhere in FileZilla Server where this gets configured.

This is the description:

FTPS Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificate – A minimum of one signed registered FTPS SSL certificate for each SMT Account will be required to interface with an SMT Entity Account. An unsigned FTPS SSL certificate may be used for the sole purposes of testing. The signed certificate for production use must match your Entity domain name. For IT Vendors providing IT services on behalf of Retail Electric Providers or Competitive Service Providers, integration will require a separate unique SSL certificate for each Entity that you represent. The domain name on the certificate must match your Entity name and the subdomain must match the Retail Electric Provider or Competitive Service Provider Entity name for which you representing and accessing data.

I have googled a bit but wondered if anyone could help me fast track this.

boco
Contributor

Re: client certificate authentication with non-wildcard cert in FileZilla Server

#2 Post by boco » 2020-11-04 19:52

Client certificates are not supported.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org