How to convert legacy configurations?

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ZenMasta
503 Bad sequence of commands
First name: Robbie

How to convert legacy configurations?

#1 Post by ZenMasta » 2021-09-21 16:46

[edit] Although I used the search function, to see about an answer, I didn't think to read the first few topics in this forum.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54066

========
I tried upgrading from x86 .9.60.2 to x64 1.0.1 but it did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. Either server doesn't look in the install folder anymore for filezilla server.xml/filezilla server interface.xml and or the old xml is not compatible with what the new version expects.

I checked appdata and the only new folder I could find was in local/filezilla-server-gui
I see the formatting is very different and as I suspected I can't just move that file over my old interface file and rename it to settings.xml

How do I properly migrate and upgrade to 1.0.1? For the time being, I have reinstalled the old version.

I see in the changelogs for 1.0.0-rc2 that it mentions a fix in the converter for old configurations but I didn't see any conversion option during installation/upgrade.