GnuTLS Error -110

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Versoe
500 Command not understood

GnuTLS Error -110

#1 Post by Versoe » 2021-10-14 23:00

Hello,

I am setting up Filezilla Server for a Client and while it's mostly done I've run into a persistent error. I am testing both remotely, via Filezilla Client, and via a few FTP Testing websites but all get the same results. When I try to connect I will get up to MLSD, then Response 150, but then the Client receives "GnuTLS Error -15: An unexpected TLS packet was received". After that "The data connection could not be established: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted"

On the Server this manifests as "Control channel closed with error from source 1. Reason: EINVAL - Invalid argument passed." followed by: "Session ended with error from source 0. Reason: EINVAL - Invalid argument passed".

The setup is Port 21 for Local Listening, Explicit FTP over TLS and insecure Plain FTP. Passive Mode is using Custom Port Range 49152-65534, I have tried it with that disabled as well. Host is the Public IP. There is a singular User and each time I try to connect, even though it fails, I see the connections populate on Filezilla Server and they do not close, I have to manually close them.

Final piece of the puzzle is a Firewall. I have, for testing, any Port open to the WAN then a singular NAT for Ports 49152-65534 PAT'd to 21 and the WAN Public going to the Private of the Server. There are zero Security Settings or anything else on those Rules, only Logging. I am running the latest version of both Server and Client (Server installed today, Client updated today).

Not sure where else to go with this, Googling around turned up nothing useful. Any help is very much appreciated.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: GnuTLS Error -110

#2 Post by botg » 2021-10-15 07:35

You need to map each port in the passive mode port range onto itself. 49152 to 49152, 49153 to 49153 and so on until 65534 to 65534.