Verifying certificate...

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Matias
500 Command not understood

Verifying certificate...

#1 Post by Matias » 2021-10-21 12:50

Hi I just upgraded to 1.0.1 by installing over the previous version.
After some learning curve for the new admin interface login and menus, now I am stuck with probably a very noob error.

Locally I log into the server and it is stuck with "Verifying certificate..." message and nothing happens.

And remotely with a client it does establish a TLS connection and log in, but when trying to retrieve directory listing I get "Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead".

Previous version was working fine on both ends. I suspect some issue with the certificates. The server is using a X.509 certificate that I provided. Administration security was blank and I informed the same certificate as the server. Something wrong here?

Passive mode setting are all default: no custom port range, blank host, tick on default host for local connections.

Thanks.
print.jpg
print.jpg (86.29 KiB) Viewed 3762 times
print 2.jpg
print 2.jpg (36.59 KiB) Viewed 3750 times

boco
Contributor

Re: Verifying certificate...

#2 Post by boco » 2021-10-21 13:38

Locally I log into the server and it is stuck with "Verifying certificate..." message and nothing happens.
That's normal, just a status message. The certificate check was successful. If it had failed, you probably couldn't even read the message.
And remotely with a client it does establish a TLS connection and log in, but when trying to retrieve directory listing I get "Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead".

[...]

Passive mode setting are all default: no custom port range, blank host, tick on default host for local connections.
You need to configure the server and your network (router, firewall). Please read the Network Configuration Guide, it also applies to the new server. Leaving all on default allows only connections from localhost/LAN, if the server is behind NAT. Nothing changed in this regard.
Previous version was working fine on both ends.
Then you did use plain FTP, yes? There is a chapter about malicious routers and firewalls in the Guide.
I suspect some issue with the certificates. The server is using a X.509 certificate that I provided. Administration security was blank and I informed the same certificate as the server. Something wrong here?
Certificates must be OK, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to connect in the first place.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###

Matias
500 Command not understood

Re: Verifying certificate...

#3 Post by Matias » 2021-10-21 14:25

Solved. On FTP Server - Passive mode settings, on "Use the following host" I had to type my public IP address. That's it, very simple.
Thanks!