"Allow an app through Controlled folder access" for FileZilla Server 1.0.1 not working sometimes

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

vinix
500 Syntax error
First name: Vinix
Last name: Wu

"Allow an app through Controlled folder access" for FileZilla Server 1.0.1 not working sometimes

#1 Post by vinix » 2021-10-22 08:27

I've upgraded FileZilla Server to 1.0.1 from 0.96.0 on a windows Server 2019 server, then I noticed that upload files are blocked. Thanks a lot for people on this foum helped me to find out it's because I enabled Controlled folder access on target folder! :D.

The path is "C:\Program Files\FileZilla Server\filezilla-server.exe" for 1.0.1 and "C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server\filezilla-server.exe" for 0.96.0. I added "C:\Program Files\FileZilla Server\filezilla-server.exe" to the "Allow an app through Controlled folder access" list(whitelist for short), then I can upload files to that folder.

The next day when I tried to upload files, it's blocked by Controlled folder access again, the same error message is logged(425 Error while transfering data: 5). I checked the whitelist and filezilla-server.exe is there. I removed then add it again, and it's working once more. This issue has happened 3 times.

It seems that Controlled folder access will ignore the setting after a day or so, but it didn't happen on 0.96.0.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: "Allow an app through Controlled folder access" for FileZilla Server 1.0.1 not working sometimes

#2 Post by botg » 2021-10-22 10:21

FileZilla Server doesn't change any system settings. From a technical perspective, there is no fundamental difference between how 1.0.1 and 0.96.0 access files/directories. In particular, there is nothing in the server that would result in a change "after a day or so".

As to why the Controlled Folder Access setting keeps changing, I suppose it's a question you need to ask Microsoft support.

boco
Contributor

Re: "Allow an app through Controlled folder access" for FileZilla Server 1.0.1 not working sometimes

#3 Post by boco » 2021-10-23 07:38

The only fundamental difference between 0.96.x and 1.x is that the former is 32bit and the latter 64bit.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###