Clearing ftp site settings

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

NBC_Lewis
500 Command not understood
First name: justin
Last name: lewis

Clearing ftp site settings

#1 Post by NBC_Lewis » 2022-01-06 21:39

Hi there, I need a little help. I am trying to start completely from scratch with a new FTP server instance but it does not let me do that no matter what I try. I even uninstalled the program and re installed it and the old settings and problems are still haunting me. What can I do to start fresh?

Thanks in advance.
J

iam_sysop
226 Transfer OK

Re: Clearing ftp site settings

#2 Post by iam_sysop » 2022-01-07 01:48

NBC_Lewis wrote:
2022-01-06 21:39
Hi there, I need a little help. I am trying to start completely from scratch with a new FTP server instance but it does not let me do that no matter what I try. I even uninstalled the program and re installed it and the old settings and problems are still haunting me. What can I do to start fresh?

Thanks in advance.
J
Without a more detailed description of the error - the moderators or developers won't be able to help.

Is this an installer error - does the server install and not start - can you not connect to the admin interface?

Specifics are required before anyone can help --

boco
Contributor

#3 Post by boco » 2022-01-07 04:02

Settings are in "%windir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\filezilla-server", for a default installation on Windows.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

NBC_Lewis
500 Command not understood
First name: justin
Last name: lewis

#4 Post by NBC_Lewis » 2022-01-07 15:54

The original problem was a break in the SSL certificate chain. I was trying to correct that and broke my ability to login to the admin controls. The error I was receiving said something to the effect of: "Error: Disconnected from server: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted (106)".

I was able to fix the problem with the information posted by boco. I un-installed the server, deleted the settings found at that location, re-installed the server and reconfigured the server. All is working well now.

Thanks so much!