Configure Fileserver with the Phone

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

geronimo123
500 Command not understood

Configure Fileserver with the Phone

#1 Post by geronimo123 » 2022-04-10 17:44

Hello on the Forum

I was trying to setup my Fillezilla Server with the Phone. Basically, I wanted to configure phone to manually synchronize files from Keepass2android and with my computer.
So, I've setup server, estabilished connectivity with it, but apperently I couldn't really connect the app with my server.

I don't reallly understand how can I do it.
My phone is connecting thru Wi-Fi. My computer is over cable. Both in the same private network.

When I try to add IP of my phone I got a erorr: Couldn't bind on "my phone IP address":21. Reason: WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL. - Cannot assign requested address.

When I try to connect to the server on my application thru FTP - I type my creds (I've created user before with password) - but when I try to connect (server is seeing my phone) but I got erorr: 503 Use AUTH first.
I've put down my firewall so I don't really understand what I am doing wrong.

Any help in that matter? I've try to search over the internet, but without success.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Configure Fileserver with the Phone

#2 Post by botg » 2022-04-11 07:10

The server's listeners can only be bound to interfaces local to the server machine.

Make sure to use a modern FTP client that speaks FTP over TLS.

geronimo123

#3 Post by geronimo123 » 2022-04-11 16:59

Hey, thanks for the reply!
The server's listeners can only be bound to interfaces local to the server machine.
- Well, phone is connecting to my home router, so basically isn't that makes it local? Same network as computer (so basically server I've created)
Make sure to use a modern FTP client that speaks FTP over TLS.
There is an option, you can create a rule that states: Explicit FTP over TLS and insecure plain FTP
So, basically Keepass2Android is connecting with insecure plain FTP. My phone also (that why I can connect to the browser ftp:\\ ??
Maybe I'm missing something...

botg
Site Admin

#4 Post by botg » 2022-04-11 17:43

Well, phone is connecting to my home router, so basically isn't that makes it local? Same network as computer (so basically server I've created)
There are different types of local. Local to the machine and local to the network are quite different.
So, basically Keepass2Android is connecting with insecure plain FTP. My phone also (that why I can connect to the browser ftp:\\ ??
Maybe I'm missing something...
Not uncommon for many telephone apps to have sub-par, if at all, security.

geronimo123

#5 Post by geronimo123 » 2022-04-11 18:23

So, basically you are telling, there is no way this connection could work?
I mean FileZilla Server to the Application? Even thru server is connecting to the application?

botg
Site Admin

#6 Post by botg » 2022-04-11 18:30

I mean FileZilla Server to the Application? Even thru server is connecting to the application?
You have it backwards. Servers listen on a network interface local to the machine for connections coming from other machines.

geronimo123

#7 Post by geronimo123 » 2022-04-11 18:53

Okay, I actually understand, that application is connecting to the server, but I am not sure why this connection is failling...

EDIT: You said "coming from other machines" so the phone could be treat as such.

boco
Contributor

#8 Post by boco » 2022-04-12 08:33

You seem to require FTP over TLS on your server. The FTP client on the phone tries to log in unencrypted. Thus the server tells the client there is no way of logging in without sending AUTH TLS or AUTH SSL, to enable FTP over TLS Explicit communication.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org