Cannot connect FIlezilla client to Filezilla server after installation on AWS Lightsail instance

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

angelK
500 Command not understood

Cannot connect FIlezilla client to Filezilla server after installation on AWS Lightsail instance

#1 Post by angelK » 2023-03-14 16:47

My filezilla server (version 1.6.7) and filezilla client (version 3.62.2) cannot connect with each other. I installed filezilla client on my AWS lightsail instance with Windows server 2022 which has a static IP address.

I established a connection with the filezilla server to port 14148 and it was successful. I then created admin and user groups and then created admin1 and user1 users for each respective group. I added passwords and gave them their permissions. I then entered a virtual path and native path for each as seen below:

[img ]filezilla_admin1_dets.png[\img]

I used the same virtual path and native path for user1.

I then entered the necessary details for admin1 user in filezilla client and clicked connect to port 14148. It did not connect. I did the same for port 21 and that too did not connect.

What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
filezilla_admin1_dets.png
filezilla_admin1_dets.png (23.98 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Cannot connect FIlezilla client to Filezilla server after installation on AWS Lightsail instance

#2 Post by botg » 2023-03-14 18:04

Port 14148 is the administration port. Only the FileZilla Server administration interface can connect to that port.

To connect an FTP client to the server you need to connect to the configured FTP port, which is 21 by default.