Could not set current working directory (error 3 cannot find the path specified)

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

John C
500 Command not understood
First name: John
Last name: Cripps

Could not set current working directory (error 3 cannot find the path specified)

#1 Post by John C » 2023-03-30 18:00

Hi,

I have just purchased a new laptop, Win 10 Lenovo T16 Gen 1. Having used FileZilla Sever successfully on multiple laptops, I downloaded the latest version 1.6.7, exported my settings from old laptop, imported them into new laptop, I get a message 'Could not set current working directory (error 3 cannot find the path specified)' when it starts.

Similarly I cannot connect to the server.

I have tried uninstalling it completely and starting fresh but my settings keep re-appearing.

This message appears every time I start the laptop.

I have searched for 'Error 3' and cannot find anything in the Forum or Google.

Any help would be much appreciated as I need laptop for my business.

John C
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.34 KiB) Viewed 1776 times

oibaf
Contributor
First name: Fabio
Last name: Alemagna

Re: Could not set current working directory (error 3 cannot find the path specified)

#2 Post by oibaf » 2023-03-30 19:03

We will address the dialog in the next release, for now just delete the "working_dir" entry within the %LOCALAPPDATA%\filezilla-server-gui\settings.xml file.

As for "I cannot connect to the server", what do you refer to exactly? You can't connect with the Admin Interface, or with a FTP client? In either case, what are the symptoms and logs?

John C

Re: Could not set current working directory (error 3 cannot find the path specified)

#3 Post by John C » 2023-03-30 19:33

Hi oibaf,

Thanks for your reply, regarding 'for now just delete the "working_dir" entry within the %LOCALAPPDATA%\filezilla-server-gui\settings.xml file'. I have done this with no change.

I use FileZilla Server to connect cameras using FTP to my laptop to ingest images. The symptoms are that on my cameras I get a message 'cannot connect to FTP server', I didn't have this problem previously. When you say about the logs, I do not know where to retrieve them from?

Thanks

John

John C

#4 Post by John C » 2023-03-30 21:31

Hi,

I deleted the ' %LOCALAPPDATA%\filezilla-server-gui\settings.xml file and the dialog has gone away.

Deleted all users, created one new one, still won't connect FTP?? Please see attached screenshot of my settings...

I really do not know what to do next?

Getting a bit desperate :-(
Attachments
Users.PNG
Users.PNG (17.87 KiB) Viewed 1746 times

John C

#5 Post by John C » 2023-03-31 04:56

Hi,

I have found out the issue, it was something in Windows Defender Firewall. I use Kaspersky normally, I downloaded it onto my laptop and now FZS is working okay.

Problem is, I don't know what was causing it in Defender??

John C

boco
Contributor

#6 Post by boco » 2023-03-31 07:14

Could have been an issue with network profiles, with newer Windows versions declaring your LAN being public (shared) by default and applying more strict rules. Exceptions in the Defender firewall always are profile-specific, so, rules for the Private profile won't affect the Public and Domain profiles etc.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

John C

#7 Post by John C » 2023-04-02 01:20

Regarding last post - thanks for the link. Could have been a bit more polite than saying 'do yourself a favour' :-(

boco
Contributor

#8 Post by boco » 2023-04-02 09:49

That's my signature. There are not enough characters available in the signature space for being too polite, there.

Edit: Just checked and the "Please" just barely fit in.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org