Timestamp problem filezilla server 1.6.6

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

decios1978
500 Command not understood
First name: Diego
Last name: Rizzo

Timestamp problem filezilla server 1.6.6

#1 Post by decios1978 » 2023-04-12 15:54

I'm using Filezilla server 1.6.6
I would like set the timestamp of the uploaded file at the date and time of the upload (not need maintain original timestamp).
I've noted that when a user transfer with winscp, on my server I found the original timestamp, and it's a problem for my policy of deletion.
I need visualize the date and time updated to the moment of upload.
Is there an option of configuration file to allow this on server side?
I know that is possible configure this option client side (unflagged the right option), but I would solve them on my filezilla server, because I don't want inform my customer.
Have you a solution

rnamdev
500 Command not understood
First name: Ritik
Last name: Namdev

Re: Timestamp problem filezilla server 1.6.6

#2 Post by rnamdev » 2023-04-28 06:54

To set the timestamp of the uploaded file at the date and time of the upload on FileZilla server, you can enable the "Set timestamps of transferred files" option. This can be done by navigating to Edit -> Settings -> Transfers -> File Exists Action in FileZilla Server Interface and selecting the "Set timestamps of transferred files" option. This will update the timestamp of the file to the time of upload on the server side.

If you want to ensure that the original timestamp is not maintained, you can also disable the "Preserve timestamps of transferred files" option in the same settings menu.

I hope this helps you solve your issue. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Last edited by boco on 2023-04-28 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed possible spam/advertising.

oibaf
Contributor
First name: Fabio
Last name: Alemagna

Re: Timestamp problem filezilla server 1.6.6

#3 Post by oibaf » 2023-04-28 07:01

There's no way to do that server-side.