Permission denied to users

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

MeowtronStar
500 Command not understood
First name: Shouvik
Last name: Saha

Permission denied to users

#1 Post by MeowtronStar » 2023-05-03 15:24

Using FileZilla server on MacOS Ventura. If I add an user and use that username, the client says "Permission denied". However, logging in as a system user through system credentials work. Disabling password does not help either. What am I doing wrong?
Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 8.51.50 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 8.51.50 PM.png (781.89 KiB) Viewed 1564 times

boco
Contributor

Re: Permission denied to users

#2 Post by boco » 2023-05-03 23:42

I'm pretty sure the :h for the native path will only work for the system user. For the dedicated user, enter the full physical path to the Home.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

oibaf
Contributor
First name: Fabio
Last name: Alemagna

Re: Permission denied to users

#3 Post by oibaf » 2023-05-04 07:06

Indeed, ":h" doesn't work for non-system users, as they have no "home directory". Instead, if non-system users have to have a common pattern in their home directory path, a idiomatic approach is to creare a group for them and have, in that group, the virtual path "/" associated to a native path that contains the ":u" placeholder, which translates to the username itself.

For instance: "/" -> "/Users/Shared/Ftp/:u"

If you do that, make sure to click on the "create native directory if it does not exist" checkmark, so that you don't manually have to create all of those users directories.