Cannot access virtual/native paths on remote server

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Flow_Rush88
500 Command not understood
First name: Floris
Last name: Otten

Cannot access virtual/native paths on remote server

#1 Post by Flow_Rush88 » 2023-09-12 15:26

Hi, I manage FileZilla Pro Enterprise Server for my work.

I have installed and configured it(and the FileZilla service is run via a local system account), created accounts for it, created firewall rules for it, and successfully have made sFTP and FTPs connections towards it from external IP addresses.
I am now however configuring a new FileZilla account for it, that won't access local UNC paths on the server itself FileZilla is running on(Windows Server Datacenter 2019), but rather needs to access remote UNC paths on another server(also Windows Server Datacenter 2019). When I establish an sFTP connection, this works, but the FTP client(FileZilla, WinSCP etc.) cannot read the virtual or native paths then(Error.png)

-Both servers are on the same network, and their IP addresses are allowed via our Azure firewall to make use of port 21 and port 22. I can ping both servers from both sides.
-I have tried different syntaxes for the server network path(such as \\server\share\submaps\ but it doesn't work
-When I enable debug/verbose logs on the FileZilla client, the error logs are not more specific about this, the same goes for the FZ server logs
-The native paths, in this case network shares, are shared and can be accessed between the 2 servers via Windows Explorer
-I am using Passive mode
-I have added FileZilla Pro Server as an app exception on the local Windows Firewall on the primary server, but I was not able to do this on the remote server yet, because I could not access the C drive where FileZilla Pro Enterprise Server is installed. Could this be the cause?
-Fujitsu.png shows an account which works fine. BCTN.png shows the account of which the virtual/native paths are not accessible via the FTP clients.

What else is required so that the FileZilla server can connect and access NTFS'/share permissions on the other server?
Attachments
Fujitsu.png
Fujitsu.png (45.84 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
Error.png
Error.png (10.43 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
BCTN.png
BCTN.png (43.48 KiB) Viewed 1798 times

boco
Contributor

Re: Cannot access virtual/native paths on remote server

#2 Post by boco » 2023-09-12 22:08

Hi, I manage FileZilla Pro Enterprise Server for my work.
You are on the wrong forum, then.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50124
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org