Install on Azure VM

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

acer152
500 Command not understood
First name: Aaron
Last name: Lorentz

Install on Azure VM

#1 Post by acer152 » 2023-09-28 13:11

Just moved to Azure and set up VM for my web server. Trying to install the latest FileZilla Server and getting error when adding listener for my VM IP:
"Date/Time","Info","Type","Message"
"28-09-2023 13:03:11","FTP Server","Error","Couldn't bind on <IP removed>. Reason: WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL - Cannot assign requested address. Retrying in 1 seconds."

The FZ server will connect if I leave it 127.0.0.1, but I can't reach that from Filezilla client remotely.

Connecting to ##.##.##.##...
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity

Meaning, it can't find the Azure VM on public IP. I can RDP to the Azure VM though, so it's reachable on some ports.

I have set up inbound rules in Networking in Azure for this VM, for port 21 and 5500-5600 custom ports. However, still cannot connect (or find) the server. Connection timeout.

I imagine a lot of people use Azure VM and FileZilla, and this is not a new type of issue. Is that some sort of walkthrough for setting up FileZilla server on Azure VM?

Other ideas?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Install on Azure VM

#2 Post by botg » 2023-09-29 09:23

Either some firewall is blocking FileZilla Server, or the IP address you entered isn't assigned to any network adapter of the machine. You can show which IP addresses are assigned to your network adapters if you open a command prompt and use the ipconfig command.