File upload sessions getting stuck and never closing.

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

stevend@parabit.com
500 Command not understood
First name: Steven
Last name: Davis

File upload sessions getting stuck and never closing.

#1 Post by stevend@parabit.com » 2023-10-18 14:17

Hello all.
I have an application on 20 kiosks that upload an image every 30 minutes. Each kiosk sends a file with the machine name as the file name. The file name for each machine is the same every time, and they overwrite the older file.
This process works great, except once In a while a transfer will get the error "550 Couldn't open the file or directory," and the session will stay frozen in the FillZilla server admin console. When I open the JPG image file, it is only half an image. The picture looks like the sending process was interrupted. When I right-click and manually close the stuck session everything proceeds normally on the next 30-minute send.
It's the same files are sent to the same location.
The path is not virtual. the path is "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\screenshots"

So why can I send the same file? multiple times and then not?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: File upload sessions getting stuck and never closing.

#2 Post by botg » 2023-10-18 15:29

Make sure you have activity timeouts enabled in the server settings, then connections will not become permanently frozen and will eventually time out.

If the file cannot be opened for writing on Windows, it usually means it is still opened by some other process.

stevend@parabit.com
500 Command not understood
First name: Steven
Last name: Davis

Re: File upload sessions getting stuck and never closing.

#3 Post by stevend@parabit.com » 2023-10-18 17:01

Thats a good idea. The files are at most 700K so i'll change it to 5 minutes and see how it does.