[Resolved] GnuTLS error uploading purchased SSL cert

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

cparliament
500 Command not understood
First name: Clyde
Last name: Parliament

[Resolved] GnuTLS error uploading purchased SSL cert

#1 Post by cparliament » 2023-11-07 05:36

GnuTLS error -60: The certificate and the given key do not match.

FileZilla Server 1.7.3 x86_64-W64-MINGW32 running on MS Server 2016 Standard

Error received while attempting to load purchased SSL certificate. Verified cert (x509) and key (rsa) via OpenSSL; matched. Created CSR generation command on Digicert CSR creator, and manually; running OpenSSL on Windows. Created/re-keyed cert from RapidSSL 3 times (new CSR each time), same error. Using "Configuration/Protocol Settings/FTP and FTP over TLS (FTPS) menu option, choosing "Use an upload x.509 certificate". Using upload certificate/key from file, no password used, errors on "Upload". Have added root and intermediate CA files to server OS and rebooted, same error. Suggestions?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: GnuTLS error uploading purchased SSL cert

#2 Post by botg » 2023-11-07 08:24

In case the certificate file also contains intermediate certificates, make sure the leaf certificate issued to you comes first in the file.

cparliament
500 Command not understood
First name: Clyde
Last name: Parliament

Re: GnuTLS error uploading purchased SSL cert

#3 Post by cparliament » 2023-11-07 15:20

This direct issues was resolved. The certificate method was not very intuitive, but I finally tried using the file option and manually adding the local file path and file name; this worked. So, it looks like the method of using "upload certificate" may not work correctly on Windows. What was confusing about the other option was there was no file dialogue available (like in the upload certificate option) or any indication to enter a local file path/file name.

In the end, I can now make a ftpes connection from my source applicaton. However, it does fail, but that is a discussion of another thread after a little more testing-before-posting.

From my point of view, please considered this "resolved" and close.

boco
Contributor

Re: [Resolved] GnuTLS error uploading purchased SSL cert

#4 Post by boco » 2023-11-07 18:01

Marked as resolved. Closed on request.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org